- Confirm the budget for ed tech needs. Order anything you have the budget for so it's at school before the year starts!
- Review and update your Acceptable Use Policy.
- Make sure carts are set up right - do they charge devices, is the timer working? Enough power supplies?
- Device tune-up: Check batteries, replace missing keys, wipe them down, update/refresh/re-image, add apps...
- Tune up/double check your Google Apps for Ed policies and settings.
- Determine where you'll store 'the new gear' for the year (hopefully this already happened...)
- Understand or develop a procedure to check-out/check-in devices.
In Your Classroom…
- Create a Tech Boot Camp agenda ("How do I...?") for students and roll it out by first week of school.
- Determine your go-to techie kids (after school starts, of course).
- Develop your first (one, or three, or five...) ed tech integrated lessons.
- Confirm all the wireless access points are plugged in and functional (summer cleanings and all).
- Update student lists - add to Google Apps for Ed, LMS, SIS, online edu sites, etc.
- Make sure document cameras, projectors, etc. are functional. Do you have a spare lamp?
- Confirm the location of digital cameras. Make sure they're charged up. Create a signout sheet.
- Develop a brief communication to parents about your ed tech plans (i.e., why is this important?).
- Freshen up your class webpage for the new year.
- Partner up with another teacher to grow your ed tech knowledge and skills.
- Find a blog that will help you learn more about new tools, tips and techniques.
- Add one new thing to your tech tool belt.
What other items can you add to this? Let us know!